VR Goggles

I am wanting to give VR a try and wondering what some good VR goggles would be?  I am looking at the Occulus Go as it is not terribly high priced and is probably of good quality.  Just want to make sure it works with VW and probably sketchup.  Thoughts?!

@salukitdHi, there is real VR and stereo VR. Stereo VR is the what I describe it where you look at 2 images split by a card that stops your left eye from seeing the right side image etc. this is how VW can be shown using model exported by VW as Webview and you use any of a many devices to insert your phone into to see a model in 3D. These devices are all relatively inexpensive, less than $50.

To gain a full immersive experience you need units like HTC Vive or Oculus Rift which are all around $1,000Aus.

Currently VW doesn’t export to suite these headsets, to use them I transfer my model to a gaming program called Unity.

Refer my videos for examples.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kDxktdVH8

HTH.

• Like 4
On 7/2/2018 at 11:29 PM, Alan Woodwell said:

@salukitdHi, there is real VR and stereo VR. Stereo VR is the what I describe it where you look at 2 images split by a card that stops your left eye from seeing the right side image etc. this is how VW can be shown using model exported by VW as Webview and you use any of a many devices to insert your phone into to see a model in 3D. These devices are all relatively inexpensive, less than $50.

To gain a full immersive experience you need units like HTC Vive or Oculus Rift which are all around $1,000Aus.

Currently VW doesn’t export to suite these headsets, to use them I transfer my model to a gaming program called Unity.

Refer my videos for examples.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kDxktdVH8

HTH.

Thanks for posting this Alan. Nice work.

Did it take much time / processing to get the Vectorworks model into Unity and sort out settings to get the 3d presentable, and for the navigation/ interactions with objects?

Mark

@MRD Mark RidgewellHi, there is very little you need to do to get your model into Unity. You use your VW 3D model.

Opening and closing door, switching on lights are pretty straight forward, see some of my other videos on VR.

I haven’t gone into higher level production as this was all I needed and was adequate.

your 3D model to Unity with a template file setup takes only a few minutes.

See my video as to how to export and import.

HTH

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gy2JqGrZMok&t=2s

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2018 at 2:44 AM, salukitd said:

I went ahead and got the Oculus Go.  It is compatible with Unity...I’ll give it a go!

Thanks!

Pat

How did you get on with oculus go and vw?? Thinking of getting one as a step up from 360 images on iPhone in cardboard....use twinmotion- so interested in that and unity maybe if anyone has any more experience??