Pan tool and Dimension tool not working in viewports

mgreen1

Question

Hi,

I have just come across a problem using Vectorworks 2016. I construct models in Rhino and then import them into Vectorworks to generate my technical drawings.

Having imported a new model into a template I was initially able to dimension in viewport as per normal with out any trouble, however at a certain point after around 10 dimensions being added the pan tool no longer responds and nor does the constrained dimension tool. Even when I am stuck in the viewport with this problem there is no response when I click on the 'Exit Viewport Annotation' button in the corner. Also snapping points are not responding but the do respond when I move to the browser to type this and then just hover the mouse over to my other screen where vector works is showing but is not the selected software in use.

I initially though it may be due to the 3d model being to much for the software to handle though I have been successfully using this workflow with more complicated models up until this point. After resetting VW and the computer I now have the same problem will all my VWX files even ones I generated prior to this problem.

I have also tried importing the model into a new file that is not a template and I have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated since it is now impossible for me to use VWX!

Thanks,

Celene

2 answers to this question

Ok so you can go ahead and delete or close this post. I have solved the problem by restoring the application folder in time machine to earlier this morning.

However if anyone knows why this happened I would be curious to know.

Cheers,

Celene