Scott61

Items not deleting

I have a very strange issue.  This is my first job with Vectorworks so I did some things wrong, I freely admit, so as I am going from presentation of design into CD's, I decided to clean up my layers.  I had multiple floor plans (long story), really bad idea, so I was reducing everything to one floor plan, but keeping various design elements on other layers.  On one particular layer, I deleted quite a bit, and in 2d they were/are gone, when I go to wireframe 3d view, still gone, but when I render the layer, two floor plans that I had deleted appear.  I have no other layers visible.  Now the whole screen just goes black, like I am looking from behind a wall. (pictures below). Guesses on what is going on??

Plan.png

Wireframe.png

Fast Render.png

Sometimes Renderworks seems to cache stuff even if it has been deleted. It’s very frustrating. A restart of Vectorworks seems to do sort it out.

I believe the black viewport is Renderworks crashing!

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1

I also just found that in the "Organization" menu I had a viewport linked to that layer, that also may have been causing it?? The view may have survived even if I deleted the original drawings??  Now I have found that two of my layers will not work in 3d together, one goes 3d and the other stays in plan.  Any ideas??  Thanks for the reply and help!

Make sure you have Align Layers checked in the view menu.

Did that and after the second try it aligned the drawings in 3d, but then I tried to rotate the drawing and only the active layer rotates, leaving the other layer behind.  Thanks again for the help.

Is the stuff left behind on the Screen Plane? If you want to not see that then go to align layer views options and take it from there.....

It is not stuff left on the screen plane, it is layers not wanting to work together.  Images below, I create the 3d view, and only the active layer cooperates, the other is grayed, but yet I have it set as show/snap/modify.  Then I align the layers manually and the second picture shows them snapped together.  Finally I use the flyover tool to rotate and only the active rotates.  Thanks for any ideas on this.

before align.png

After Align.png

After flyover tool.png

@Scott61Hi hit 5 on you num pad then 1, if all layer rotate to 3D it’s ok, if not make sure unified views is checked. If not select the offending items and place on layer plane.

HTH