Link Text to Record Across Multiple Sheet Layers

Hello,

Our company currently heavily uses Revit, and to a lesser extent ArchiCAD, and now I've been tasked with learning VectorWorks for upcoming projects.  Let's just say the learning experience has been interesting!  

What I'm attempting to do at the moment is have data that is placed on the cover sheet, such as project name, project location, project number, and date (information that would not change sheet to sheet), be changed/updated across all sheets.  The company titleblock cover sheet we use has multiple places for project name, address, and number, and I've got linked text to those lines, and when I update one of those, all of the locations on the cover sheet will update, which is great!  However, I would like this information across ALL sheets to be changed as well, otherwise I don't see the benefit of using linked text to records if I have to manually change each sheet.

"Use automatic drawing coordination" is turned on, and I have attached the record format I've created.  I've also got my titleblocks (cover sheet and standard titleblock) grouped and saved as symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm sure I'll have additional questions as I dig into VectorWorks.

2018-06-28 10_53_26-Edit Record Format.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Is it safe to assume you're using Vectorworks Architect 2018? If so, all you have to do is make a "Title Block Border" style using that tool, identify which fields you want fixed (by project) and variable (by sheet) in that style, and you're off and running. 

More can be found here:

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2018/eng/index.htm#t=VW2018_Guide%2FSetup%2FConcept_Using_Title_Block_Borders.htm

• Like 1