Rotate plan view in 2D

Don't know about v11, but there's always been a "Grid Angle" setting in the "Set Grid" window (pull down Page > Set Grid). You can specify the grid angle in degrees, or by clicking two points on an object at that angle.

I wouldn't bother with that to draw a section. I'd select the plan, Duplicate it, Group the duplicate, change the group to a nice light color suitable for tracing over, then drag it to where I'm going to draw the section and rotate it. It's low-tech, though, so if you do it, don't let anyone see you.

instead of all the duplicating and grouping, which could lead to problems with schedules and file size, use a layer link. it can be flipped, moved, rotated, etc. (after it is unlocked), and used as a trace for sections and elevations. plus its 'hot' so any plan changes are automatically updated...

quote:

instead of all the duplicating and grouping, which could lead to problems with schedules and file size, use a layer link. it can be flipped, moved, rotated, etc. (after it is unlocked), and used as a trace for sections and elevations. plus its 'hot' so any plan changes are automatically updated...

Sorry but I'm a little noob in Vector, how can we do that?

Tanks

under 'View' there is a command called 'Create Layer Link...' in that dialog box, check off the layer or layers you want in the layer link. once it appears on your screen go to Edit, Unlock, and away you go. if there is more than one layer, i would group it so you don't loose anything. you can always check the manual on this too...

• 6 years later...