Grip Equipment symbols

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bumping C-stands back up on the list. This symbol has been requested numerous times since 2018 but has fallen on deaf ears. Not sure what the point of paying for Service Select every year is if we cant even get the symbols built in a reasonable length of time.... 

Edited by phayes
5 hours ago, Feldman Designs said:

Rob, as you can see it seems like a lot of us are interested in some grip gear. It is as important as lighting Instruments.

It has been mentioned for a while now in this forum and with sales people.

How do we get it moved up the list.?  Thanks,

well if VW would simply clone Rob, that point would be moot

Edited by mjm

My personal workaround:

Over the years I regarded it as a challenge for my VW skills and as a training to model lots of accessory/grip myself. Drawing this clamp for example took me around 2.5 hours, and I'm pretty shure there are many people around here that can do it much quicker. Once you have succes with it, modeling may become a passion ? 😀

IMG_1183.thumb.JPG.6ee487884159230d5d4b6f7eb7b48354.JPG

clamp.thumb.jpg.ca4a89b310b686b3b7eec1598a7082b0.jpg

The most time you need when drawing such things is not for drawing but for measuring.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is now a library in the Premium VSS Content containing various kinds of grip equipment, C-stands, Rocky Mountain C-stands, and clamps located in the Objects>Ent Stage folder.  This content is exclusive to subscribers of VSS and is included in both 2020 and 2021 versions.  All of the components of the adjustable hangers and stands are setup as groups within the 3D component of the symbol so that the sections can adjusted for height within the symbol or the symbol can be converted into a group after insertion and adjusted.  There are also 3D loci serving as snap points to help connect different elements together easier.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 8.57.44 AM.png

• Like 2
On 3/19/2021 at 6:06 AM, JustinVH said:

There is now a library in the Premium VSS Content containing various kinds of grip equipment, C-stands, Rocky Mountain C-stands, and clamps located in the Objects>Ent Stage folder.  This content is exclusive to subscribers of VSS and is included in both 2020 and 2021 versions.  All of the components of the adjustable hangers and stands are setup as groups within the 3D component of the symbol so that the sections can adjusted for height within the symbol or the symbol can be converted into a group after insertion and adjusted.  There are also 3D loci serving as snap points to help connect different elements together easier.

@JustinVH Super cool. Really appreciated, thanks for getting to this underway.

@JustinVH FABULOUS!  Thank you!!!

On 3/19/2021 at 6:06 AM, JustinVH said: