Copy Custom View?

A Saved View ?

Or is that something else ?

A Saved View, as I recently learned, is a Script.

All Saved Views of a File are stored in Resource Manager.

And so can be imported from other Files.

But I am not sure if this will really work or make sense ...

EDIT :

Just tested, not allowed to import 🙂

Edited by zoomer

@Bruce KiefferHi, you can create a viewport on a sheet layer of the saved view and copy the viewport over to the new drawing.

haven’t figured out the copy saved views yet, maybe someone can enlighten us.

If you group and copy them over and you copy all your design layer stuff over and paste in place you will be able to eyedroper the attributes over, and you may have to turn on all your design layers in the viewports but they will all show exactly as the previous file

Edited by Alan Woodwell
6 hours ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@Bruce KiefferHi, you can create a viewport on a sheet layer of the saved view and copy the viewport over to the new drawing.

haven’t figured out the copy saved views yet, maybe someone can enlighten us.

If you group and copy them over and you copy all your design layer stuff over and paste in place you will be able to eyedroper the attributes over, and you may have to turn on all your design layers in the viewports but they will all show exactly as the previous file

Copying and pasting the viewport gives this error:

1585568149_ScreenShot2018-06-24at7_32_55AM.thumb.png.75acd9f69f6e33b317d77e5a5fc26b69.png

Grouping the viewport give some strange results when pasted. The objects appear to be missing even though they are visible.

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

I tried the grouping, but the results are not anything I can use. I'm not sure what it is that gets pasted. Seems like an image that doesn't exist on any layer. It's too bad that a custom view cannot be copied to another drawing. That would be the simplest solution. Is using a camera a possible solution?