Modlar Symbol Download

I downloaded a symbol from Modlar.com and no matter what I do, I cannot get the symbol to insert into a wall. Also, if I go into a symbol and set it to it's correct height in the z axis, the 2D attributes seem to disappear and it becomes transparent. Has anyone come across this problem, and what did you do to fix it?

12 hours ago, ccw said:

I downloaded a symbol from Modlar.com and no matter what I do, I cannot get the symbol to insert into a wall. Also, if I go into a symbol and set it to it's correct height in the z axis, the 2D attributes seem to disappear and it becomes transparent. Has anyone come across this problem, and what did you do to fix it?

1 hour ago, ccw said:

This is the file I can't get to work.

Bosch Wall Ovens HBLP651RUC.vwx

Here is a file where I've edited the symbol to work. These are the things I changed -  

1. The symbol was a red symbol so when its inserted it converts to an Auto Hybrid plug in object. I changed it to be a regular symbol by right clicking on it in the Resource Manager and choosing Edit Symbol Options.
  2. To edit the height of the symbol, you need to edit the Auto Hybrid within the symbol and move the 3d objects up to the correct height. I have moved it so it sits on the floor so it can now be adjusted by changing the symbols Z height.
  3. I think the reason why it wouldn't insert in a wall was because there was no recognizable geometry for VW to cut into the wall (the Auto Hybrid and the IFC entity made up of a mesh aren't solids geometry). I added a Wall Hole component that tells VW how to cut the wall opening. To see this component right click on the symbol and choose Edit 3d Wall Hole Component.

I've included both VW2018 and VW2015 versions of the file as your signature shows you may be using VW2015.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Bosch Wall Ovens HBLP651RUC v2015.vwx

Bosch Wall Ovens HBLP651RUC v2018.vwx

• Like 1