Create Report - Plant Quantities not showing up

So in VW 2018 I am trying to create plant record reports as I have in all previous versions without problem except now for several plants for some reason the quantity is not showing up under the quantity column. In place of a number quantity I just get 3 dashes. I checked the plant records and see nothing unusual compared to other plant records. These are actually plant records saved from a database that I used without problem in previous versions of VW. I tried to just manually enter a quantity for them and get the message in the attachment below. 

What am I missing? Where is the error that for some reason these quantities are not recording correctly? I am becoming more and more fed up with new versions of Vectorworks that break things that have worked for me for years.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 7.02.49 PM.png

Figured out the answer to my own question. If you right click any number in the quantity column and click on "Sum Values" it will fix the values for all the plants on the list. I'm not sure what the issue is and why it isn't picking up some of the plants but at least I have figured out how to deal with it. Such a frustrating buggy product. I feel year I have to relearn and fix everything that the new version breaks. 

• 9 months later...

Hello I'm having exactly the same problem as Entire Leaves above, except that when I click on sum values it does fix the values, however not all the values are showing what is in the individual plant schedule. For example the supplier code I have entered in the SKU column does not read accurately to show the correct supplier, but is sometimes another supplier. The quantities column is also the same - the quantities are not always correct compared to those shown on the drawing. Can anyone help me with this please? I am working in vwx. 2019. I never had any problems with plant reports using the 2017 version and it is really frustrating to have paid for the update and be running in to problems. Thank you!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
11 hours ago, Vanessa Morgan said:

Hello I'm having exactly the same problem as Entire Leaves above, except that when I click on sum values it does fix the values, however not all the values are showing what is in the individual plant schedule. For example the supplier code I have entered in the SKU column does not read accurately to show the correct supplier, but is sometimes another supplier. The quantities column is also the same - the quantities are not always correct compared to those shown on the drawing. Can anyone help me with this please? I am working in vwx. 2019. I never had any problems with plant reports using the 2017 version and it is really frustrating to have paid for the update and be running in to problems. Thank you!

I have answered this question in detail here: