Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette instead of subdivision tool?

lenny

I'm having trouble using the subdivision tool and nurbs to make the shape I want. I've been able to import a rhino shape and convert it to many different things to alter its bits. But its not perfect and its not extremely useful because I can't always make it do what I want when it comes to scaling it up and down to make it seem like they are in fact separate layers of foam and concrete. Right now its just a shell. 

What is the best way to make this shape? But with a thickness and the ability to gather the volume of it. 

If i knew a mathematician and a python coder...could I get this done easiest with Marionette? I have a basic understanding of marionette. I just don't have the math or coding skills to make it what I want. 

The firm I work for needs to go in the marionette direction...and I'm hoping this answer will give the kick in the butt we need to spend the time to transition into the world of marionette/Bim/IFC integration. 

Thoughts? Thank you

Please point me in the right direction if i'm in the wrong place. 

Is there an easy marionette equation that could do this for us with the right parameters? 

Len

1886496932_ScreenShot2018-06-21at2_13_36PM.thumb.png.ad75291015f99bedaa69f4fe4880ccbb.thumb.png.a0ff5b3783a2a86ffb930f4323412743.png1956710401_ScreenShot2018-06-21at2_07_13PM.thumb.png.e25cf74feea535abf6ebbac9372d9d06.thumb.png.6aad6e8249b70b0d673413e39e387957.png