Flat Roof Drainage

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project that includes a flat roof, and was hoping to use the slab drainage tool to give the falls to the roof, however the shape and falls of the roof is quite complex in comparison to those they cover in the tutorials. Ive tired a few times to get this to work, but no luck. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any pointers on using the tool to model this roof, or how to use the tool 'properly'? I've attached a screenshot of the roof shape and where i'd like the saddles/drains to be below.

James

Flat Roof Drainage.png

@James GoodwinHi looking at your arrows (falls) either a roof or roof face will do this simply.

not at computer so can’t show file. With a roof you can do a full roof and it will show a full hipped roof, then you click on the blue button at each centre edge of roof and change to a gable to set your shape. Roof faces easier.

HTH

Thank you both for replying to me, apologies for just getting back have been on leave the past week.

@Matt Panzer Have attached the file below, HTH

@Alan Woodwell Thank you, i've got it modelled using roof faces currently, is definitely much easier as you said. There's just instances where one roof face will be intersecting two different wall types - I was having issues getting the component joining (I think that's what it's called, the ones you set in the roof style menu) to work, and the settings given by the slab tool are much easier to use to achieve what I want. We're in the technical design phase for the project and i'd like to get it all set up properly to minimise the amount of masking I need to do in 2D; i'll give the roof face binding another go though.

Thanks again 🙂

Flat Roof Drainage.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@James Goodwin, Thanks for the file. I took a quick look and think your solution with roof faces is probably the most straight forward (ie: gets the job done). I tried to recreate it with a slab with drainage but need more time to investigate. My feeling is that it will probably be a bit more involved to get slab drainage to give you the same results.