Spotlight Objects not rendering in Section View

Here's an oddity I'm running across.  I have a file I'm working on for some client renders, there is a mix of spotlight fixtures and regular visualisation light objects.  If I cut a section out from the drawing, in this case a front stage view, using the clip cube it technically works, but in rendering it will not visualise the spotlight fixtures, their lights aren't rendered.  It's not a huge deal, I'm just missing a couple of gobo breakups on the furniture and my front wash. My workaround has been to just use Vis Light objects for the stage wash, but is this normal behaviour?

I haven't tested this yet in a fresh blank file to see if it's something file specific.  I normally don't bother with section cuts but decided to do one this time around and then ran in to this little annoyance.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rob Books said:

Are the lights on and at a level where they would be visible.  Spotlight lighting objects work slightly different than regular lighting objects, they require either Designer or Spotlight license to work properly if I recall.

In every other viewport they are working as intended, it's just the section viewport.  When I have a spare moment I'm going to create a completely blank file and run a test to see if I can replicate in a fresh file.