GLP GT-1

Hello

I am using a rig of GLP GT-1's. I have downloaded the latest GLP fixture library from Service Select but when using this fixture it does not have a fixture mode to use in Vision. 

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers,

Dan

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 6/22/2018 at 3:56 PM, DBLD said:

Hey guys

Just to update, I have run Update Libraries within Vision and while running Vision as administrator in Windows and it is still missing. 

Cheers,

Dan

Hey Dan,

As a guess, there's probably an antivirus or firewall somewhere blocking the update. It could also be the user account control. Microsoft has done a lot of weird things with permissions and a lot of settings can get changed when they update. If you could, send me an email tech@vectorworks.net and I can send you some instructions for updating manually.

• 1 year later...

There is an error with the updater that causes this problem to happen when there are no updates needed.

If you see this message you can safely click cancel and  your libraries will be fine.

If there are updates to your libraries available you will see the normal progress bar and the libraries will be updated.

This should be fixed in the next service pack.

I'm having the same issue and I know that there are updates available. The library updates when I run the updater on a Mac, but not on 2 different windows machines. The Vision guys built some profiles for me. They update on the Mac, but not the PCs. 

But, even on the Mac, after updating and using the symbols they sent me for Vectorworks, no fixture modes show up in Spotlight.

@DBLD

On 6/22/2018 at 6:56 PM, DBLD said:

Hey guys

Just to update, I have run Update Libraries within Vision and while running Vision as administrator in Windows and it is still missing. 

Cheers,

Dan

Dan,

Someone in the office was having the same problem this morning.

We tracked the issue down to having some extra folders inside of Vectorworks.

Take a look in C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2020\Vision\

If there is a Gobos and/or Library folder, delete them and launch Vectorworks.

Vectorworks should now use the same resources as Vision.

Let me know if this was your problem and we will do some more testing to figure out how those folders got into that location.

Hi,

I have checked the folder and there appears to be no gobos or library folder.

I have attempted to run the updater and it doesn't download anything. I have left this for 20 minutes and it hasn't progressed.

image.thumb.png.63b29fc53343fa4268928baf50958b89.png

I am not sure if this is related but when using Vectorworks there is no GDTF fixture modes available for any fixtures. I am not sure how many fixtures are supposed to have GDTF modes but I have never been able to successfully get an MVR file into Vision.

Cheers,

Dan

image.thumb.png.1c228fcd09592a338ea3e2d4c3be11df.png

image.thumb.png.1174b819946578e78269d2fca1412f7f.png

Hi Dan

If you want more GDTF fixtures available in Spotlight, you need to download the files from the GDTF website

https://gdtf-share.com/?cont=share

and then save them into the GDTF folder in your Spotlight file structure (spotlight installation folder/Plug-Ins/VW_Spotlight/Data/GDTF)

Once you have done this they will be available in the 'GDTF fixture mode' field in the OIP.

Currently Vision does not support the GDTF 's, so it is not necessary to select a GDTF mode when exporting an MVR to Vision.