Title Block and Border Vectorworks 2018

Jainsworth

Question

Hello,

I am looking at setting up a title block and border to ues at the company I work for, as at the moment things like this are done manually for each file. It would appear that all of the guides I have been using online are not correct or are out of date. I am guessing that the feature was overhauled in VW 2018. Does anybody have any recommendations regarding guides / videos in this area?

Thanks

Joe

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Jainsworth In case it helps, I've also compiled some additional information on the topic at Paxar's support site here. The information consists of Vectorworks-made videos and a number of my own findings, noted as I was learning to use the new Title Block Borders. The new TBBs took a little bit of getting used to and experimenting with, but they are very much worth the effort IMO.

• Like 2
On 6/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, NeilB said:

@Jainsworth In case it helps, I've also compiled some additional information on the topic at Paxar's support site here. The information consists of Vectorworks-made videos and a number of my own findings, noted as I was learning to use the new Title Block Borders. The new TBBs took a little bit of getting used to and experimenting with, but they are very much worth the effort IMO.

@NeilB This is great information. I've built my personal TBB up to a point but want to go next level. Perhaps I missed it but why couldn't you have text pulled directly from the sheet layer field(s), viewport name(s) etc?998812902_VWTBBquestion01.thumb.png.97398b59b5fc53b464915a25705de2b2.png

8 hours ago, rowbear97 said:

@NeilB This is great information. I've built my personal TBB up to a point but want to go next level. Perhaps I missed it but why couldn't you have text pulled directly from the sheet layer field(s), viewport name(s) etc?

Sheet title and sheet number are automatically pulled into the default Sheet Title and Sheet Number fields. If its not working for you make sure "Use automatic drawing coordination" is turned on under File>Document Settings>Document Preferences>Display.

KM