VW 2018 Site Model Existing & proposed line style Not working correctly?

HEengineering

Question

I have and existing site model with a new road being added as a modifier.  I have the 2D view set to show proposed & existing.  Ive given different colors on the existing and proposed contours.  While I see both, the issue is that the modified contours takes on that modified color even outside of the modified area.  The modified area or proposed area is set to red, and the existing is set to green. 

It seems as tho if any part of the contour is modified...... then  the entire contour is treated as proposed??  Doesn't seem right.  Only the effected portion of the contour should be considered proposed? Can anyone verify this? You can even see how the red and green coexist in the unmodified area? Whats the purposed of having different lines and thicknesses in the attributes if they don't work as desired?

Ive been wrestling with this since 16?! What gives? We are now 2 full new releases and still doesn't work as expected?

This shouldnt require that much effort.  I have in the past resorted to 2 snapshots over layed and reworked to get the desired effect, which kinda defeats the purpose of a working model?  I would like to run the model get the outcome and move on, not have the spend more time doctoring it up. @JimW can someone shed some light on this for me?670178859_ScreenShot2018-06-18at2_05_27PM.thumb.png.eee5a1c853d8e1fd41878466e027b875.png1014073382_ScreenShot2018-06-18at3_37_47PM.thumb.png.62ff62073aca6866355dccc2874c5a2c.png

Edited by HEengineering

1 answer to this question