2D images being replace with Locus

sandii

Question

Hi,

Has anyone else had a error note come up with 2D has been corrupted and replaced with locus ? Its in relation to plants I have made. Unfortunately I didn't get a screen shot of message. The 3D is still working fine.

It has happened before with no error message - I thought it was something I was doing. 

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. 
Thanks

10 answers to this question

Does it only happen with your custom plants or also with plants from the VW supplied/included libraries? If the former then it is probably something in your plant symbol causing issues. If the latter it might be a bug.

With 2D images, do you mean an actual image, i.e. bitmap, png, jpeg etc. image as part of your plant symbol? Or is the 2D image vector art?

Edited by Art V
1 minute ago, sandii said:

Its custom plants. They have been working for ages in this and other models. Will go back to the start of how to create them and go through it again.

Thanks,

If you find that your custom plant should be ok, then there might still be a bug somewhere in VW and I'd file a support request to have VW support have a look at your custom plant.

I think there is a bug. The top/2D image of plants are disappearing and then sometimes in 3d the plants get 'cut up' when I add in another plant or change a setting on another plant. 

Sorry my explanation isn't very good.

Attached are some images to show what I mean. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.36.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.36.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 8.40.22 AM.png

This could be a bug, but it could also be a hardware or graphics card (driver) issue. If there is not enough memory or the hardware is a bit underpowered you may get graphical glitches like this at times depending on the complexity/heaviness of the 3D model or object.

Which version of Vectorworks are you using and what are your computer specs (CPU, GPU and amount of memory for both computer and graphics card)? Are you using the latest driver for your graphics card?

@sandii  Could this result from the Navigation Graphics setting in vwx?  Vectorworks defaults to the highest setting (Best Performance) which can overwhelm lesser GPUs and insufficient Vram. Symptoms include slow performance, ghosting, missing elements, and other screen mishaps.  Try the lower intensity options.  Open VWX prefs from the main menu bar:

Vectorworks>Preferences, then choose the Display tab.

Near the bottom, set the Navigation Graphics pull down menu to Best Compatibility.

If that helps, just leave it and work in Best Compatibility mode, or try the Good Performance and Compatibility mode.

NavGraphics.png