Looking for generic minimal detail 3D people

Anyone have a source for generic 3D people that have minimal details that can be imported into VW? All that I can find in the Resource Browser are way to detailed for what I need and make the file size way to big. Even SketchUp 3D people are way to detailed when imported into VW.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks Rob, it is for  choir people to see how many we need for the space and step up heights. I have found a couple from SketchUp and tried different import options, no mesh, no textures, etc. I've import 2 into a separate file & created a symbol of each after using the simplify mesh tool. This separate file with each original imported figure & a copy with simplified mesh applied and it is 12000 KB. I'm going to try these for now so my boss can have something to see by end of day. Then I will look online for low Poly count ones. 

Thanks!

Do they need to be 3D? What if you were to use some 2D image props and check the "crossed planes" option? That's way easier on the rendering engine.

Alternatively - in the Resource Browser look for Entourage People. The old 3D symbols don't look very good in a rendering, but they are very low poly!

image.thumb.png.44270be20e851c43d44d9603276acf26.png

The 2D people might be enough for you to demonstrate spacing and riser heights, they just don't simulate 3D like an image prop with crossed planes.

-Dan

Thanks Dan, I've tried those & could not find one that would resemble a choir person just standing there with their arms down to the side & could not figure out to make them as a white model, no textures and just white in color. So far the ones from SketchUp are doing fine for now.

VW really needs some generic figures for scale and space planing.

Thanks!

Attached is a image of the two people I found and reduced the mesh size, the town in the center are the symbols I made from the outer two originals in case I needed to try something else to them.

Int Coliseum Work people from SKU.jpg

Edited by Dubman
added image of SketchUp people

Thanks Markvl, those people are very nice & detailed. I am looking for for little detail, like an Oscar statue type, arms to the sides, almost unisex, just to represent space of a person, all white, no textures & very little detail, to mainly us in white massing models. For now I'm just using the ones I found from SketchUp & modified to min. details.

• Like 1