Another Glitchy thingy

Ok what gives....

I go and open a drawing and copy everyting relevent to my next drawing and then paste to the new drawing.. but, nothing except a few of the copied items stay 'Active'. So if I forget to group everything but want to nudge or rotate anything only a couple of them move where I want them to go. And even if I do remember to group this pasting it does no good because only a couple items have stayed active. SO.....

Then if I then CTRL+Z to back up a few steps to 'unpaste' then 'repaste' these objects so I can make sure everything is grouped after I paste the items to my drawing only a few of the objects become 'unpasted' the other objects stay in the drawing,... so then I have to pickout and delete the objects that did not go away with my 'unpaste'.

Is this a known glitch or is this something funky in my machine???

And am I making any sense???

PLEASE HELP!

Ok...ONE MORE TIME.....

I cut and paste a bunch of objects from a previous doc and after they are psted only a couple of the dozen or so objects is active, you know... able to move around as a group....I cannot even group them after pasting because they do not stay active...

SO... I CNTRL+Z and thry to back up to before I pasted anything in but not all of my objects go away....

Does that make sense???

No, I've never seen that happen. Must be your machine. I'm always pasting from one file to another, and everything that was pasted stays selected till the next operation.

Of course, if there are 2 identical objects in the same place they'll look like they're not selected, but they'll still respond to commands like Nudge or Group.

The only thing I can think of is that copying and pasting between files is sometimes erratic if you don't have both files open during the whole operation.

Have you tried grouping the objects in the source file? i.e., select the things you want, then Duplicate, then Group, then Cut. It leaves the source file unchanged, but the stuff pastes into the target file already grouped.

it is still confusing to me what you are trying to do. i think i understand that you are opening an existing draing file, copying some item from that fil, creating a new file and then pasting into the new file. is that correct?

i think what is happening is a class issue. you should make sure that the classes in the copied from document are the same as in the pasted to document. another thing to do is to paste the stuff in the new document, go to classes and turn them all on, then grab all the items you just pasted.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hunter,

If some of the pasted objects are no longer selected because they are grayed or invisible due to the class settings or class options are not show, snap modify others, that is by design. Some of those objects remaining there after you undo is a bug. This bug was reported recently and is being investigated for a future release of VW.