Jump to content
cxs

Energos - Space Volume is Zero

Recommended Posts

I'm doing some testing with Energos to see if we'll be able to use it for our energy assessments, instead of OpenStudio or DOE2 software--we'd really like to use what's already there and keep everything in Vectorworks.

 

@JimW Are there any new webinars or training videos coming out for Energos in v2018? The latest I can find are for v2016.

 

When I model a single story restaurant--very basic layout--I get a pop up window that says "The Total Space Volume is zero."

I can't find much about this in the app-help documentation.

(My model uses spaces built from walls; all spaces, walls, doors, slabs, etc.. are included in calculations.)

Share this post


Link to post

Not anytime soon on my schedule, but I do know more are planned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/15/2018 at 6:26 PM, cxs said:

When I model a single story restaurant--very basic layout--I get a pop up window that says "The Total Space Volume is zero."

I can't find much about this in the app-help documentation.

 

Hello cxs,

 

Select any of the spaces in the drawing and verify that 'Show 3D' is turned on and the height of the space is set.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Share this post


Link to post

Hello everyone,

i confirm that you need to create some spaces to calcolate the right way to show in Energos.

Heated Volume Space and dispersing surface are the 2 most important parameters in energetic calculation. So you need to have the right volume

 

BUT

 

I'd like to know how can i create a space from a non regular bottom top volume. For Istance: how can i have a specific space under a roof? Can i model a free 3D element and using it like a space?

 

Sorry for that but if i can't manage a correct volume it's perfectly useless to have a complex (and very cool) tool like Energos, unless i have only perfect linear floor and roof. So you exclude every building over 1000 mt over the sea in the world.

 

Missed I something? Can i modeling a space? Or adjust it automatically by a roof object? Like a wall?

 

 

 

Schermata 2018-07-22 alle 19.26.37.png

Schermata 2018-07-22 alle 19.26.34.png

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Zeno,

 

You could make complex spaces using solids, by attaching the Energos Space record to them and entering the correct data for area/volume in the record (These values could be taken from the menu command Model->Volumetric Properties...). See the attached file.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

CustomSpace.vwx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello Zeno,

 

You could make complex spaces using solids, by attaching the Energos Space record to them and entering the correct data for area/volume in the record (These values could be taken from the menu command Model->Volumetric Properties...). See the attached file.

 

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

CustomSpace.vwx

 

Hello Nikolay,

 

thank you for explaining me how to convert a solid object to a usable space for energos.. that is the right way to adjust this specific question.

 

After that.. the space tool with label, and all the the feature vw allows us to use, depending directly from the right volume. I think could be a good implementation, like adjusting wall height, to have a "adjusting space height", or something similar.

 

Thank you for your responce.

 

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post

  I have a problem with my space objects not showing the volume as well, and I have the 'show 3D' turned on.. @cxs Was that your issue? Did you resolve it? @Nikolay Zhelyazkov Any suggestions?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, hajom said:

  I have a problem with my space objects not showing the volume as well, and I have the 'show 3D' turned on.. @cxs Was that your issue? Did you resolve it? @Nikolay Zhelyazkov Any suggestions?

Thanks

- Could you send me a test file showing the issue?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- Could you send me a test file showing the issue?

 

Thanks

Will do. I send the file to CAtech@vectorworks.net as well yesterday.. Learned I had to turn on 3D settings for object info palette; but still didn't show up for Energos... Thanks

Edited by hajom

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...