Crowd / Audience Plugin

astavro

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, astavro said:

For renderings of corporate meetings, it would be nice to have a plugin that can populate an audience similar to what V-Ray does. Will VW/RW ever have that capability or is there an option currently available that does this?

Thank you grant_PD. that is helpful, but I'm hoping to get to something like the attached render.

Meeting set.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, zoomer said:

VRay does this ?

VRay when used in conjunction with 3DS Max. Vray is always sort of bolted onto the application that actually creates and manipulates geometry. If we ever added options for selecting rendering engines, Vray would be my first choice.

6 minutes ago, JimW said:

VRay when used in conjunction with 3DS Max. Vray is always sort of bolted onto the application that actually creates and manipulates geometry. If we ever added options for selecting rendering engines, Vray would be my first choice.

Got it, thank you for the feed back. 

I do this in Cinema4D with the Cloner tool that lets you duplicate instances of objects (similar to symbols) without all the geometry overhead.  I don't know that VW is up to the task of that much geo without significant slowdown.  Even just viewport tumbling.  This is where I think you jump off from CAD software into visualization software and while it's nice to think of it all in one package, I find that is rarely the case in reality.  I mention Cinema4D since it is very compatible with VW (and even owned by the same company on a higher level).

EA_CB_04.jpg

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, JimW said:

Thanks, found it.

Didn't even know.

It is called :

VRay Phantom Scatter

http://scatter.phantomtechnology.nl

It's in VRAY4C4D too.

Don't find it in Modo, maybe because Modo is already well equipped .....