cable fence for decking

Susanne

Question

10 answers to this question

Hey guys

Thanks for your input....now i have found an inserted the railings.... this is elementary but can you tell me how to edit the length., i see an option to edit the top, ie height, which seems to be a standard of 900mm.....i need to edit some railing lengths to  fit to my decking

PLS HELP 

Kindest

Susanne😳

4 hours ago, Susanne said:

now i have found an inserted the railings.... this is elementary but can you tell me how to edit the length., i see an option to edit the top, ie height, which seems to be a standard of 900mm.....i need to edit some railing lengths to  fit to my decking

The railing is a PIO based on the polyline/polygon tool so to edit its "length" you need to double click on the railing in top/plan view and move the points around. If you have a U shaped railing the intention is to draw the U using four points rather than drawing 3 separate railings.

Kevin

Hi there

Thank you so much, i have found the selection menu.  Do you know how to make a corner.

I have attached what seem to be my options, I'm not sure how to make a corner, I have built stairs before from similar bu this does not seem to allow me the option....your knowledge greatly received.

S

pls see screen shot of my options

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 16.00.19.png

1 hour ago, Susanne said:

Hi there

Thank you so much, i have found the selection menu.  Do you know how to make a corner.

I have attached what seem to be my options, I'm not sure how to make a corner, I have built stairs before from similar bu this does not seem to allow me the option....your knowledge greatly received.

S

pls see screen shot of my options

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 16.00.19.png

From your screen shot it looks like you've defined a "post" as a symbol containing a section of railing. Using this approach I don't think the tool will do what you're hoping for. The Railing/Fence tool works by the user defining the path of the railing first. It then distributes posts and rails along that path. If you'd prefer to use a custom symbol as your railing its likely you will need to build the whole thing manually.

Here's a screen shot of what I mean by editing the points on the path to alter the shape of the railing. I've also included a file with an example similar to the railing in your screen shot. It can be customized further to get closer to what you want (eg. custom shapes for the top rail and bottom plate).

Kevin

90128655_ScreenShot2018-06-28at9_05_40AM.thumb.png.ae01f57825bde6ac66967bbdc9098d6f.png

518284420_ScreenShot2018-06-28at9_16_53AM.thumb.png.be41fba83dbb8b4e209f612536206619.png

Railing.vwx

• Like 1