RDS Casa

Trees in VW architect

Question

Hello. Never really needed them before, but I have a question about trees in VW Architect (2018, VSS). Am I right to think I have very limited options with out generating the content myself? Either the VBvisual plant, with limited choice and no manipulation of spread, limited manipulation of height to set sizes only? Or the VW library content as a VSS user with no ability to change the std sizes at all? Is there a tool bar I need to turn on, or is this all a limitation of architect, with out the full landmark capability?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Do they need to be 3d or can you use image props?  There is a fairly extensive library of image prop trees.  

Thanks cberg. 

3d really. where are the image prop trees? in the subscriber libraries? I can find landmark trees, bring them in, but can't change their properties in any way. 

Posted (edited)

VW library_Object Landscape Plants_3D image Props Photorealistic.  You can scale them but not asymmetrically.  You can also adjust the textures if you need to make them transparent.  The VB trees are also good, but there aren't that many and sizes are limited.  You can purchase more but it is expensive.

31150400_ScreenShot2018-06-12at11_06_16AM.thumb.png.4d79a19876022e5f09c70865d818dcdf.png

Edited by cberg

Set scaling in the object info palette.