phin

3D plants - how to get more

Hi,

I am trying to move from SketchUp to 3D VW, so excuse what could be a stupid question...

I am trying to create a visual with quite specific plants in. In SU this is easy as there's a wide variety on the 3D Warehouse. I've imported everything from Help > Download Content, but there are very few plants there.

Is it the case that one must buy a library? Or are there free ones? Or ones that could be imported from other software?

I have imported a couple from SU and just used that symbol as the 3D Graphic for the plant object - does anyone else use that workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Fiona

Hello Fiona:

There is a VBvisual Plant tool in the Visualization tool palette that places low-poly textured plants in the drawing.  You can buy more VBvisual plants and add them to that tool.  Or like you have tried, importing Sketchup models into VW should work fine as well.  If you need to simplify the imported models you can try using the Modify->Simplify Mesh command on the selected imported object.

• Like 1