Project Sharing: Two users cannot edit different sheets due to title block probelm

JMR

Question

Hi all,

We constantly run into this: There is no way for two users do edit different sheets at the same time, since the title block requires checking out (I don't understand why, since the intention is not edit the title block style). Is there a way around this?

Please see the attached image.

kuva.png

16 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I managed to get this dialog, when the TBB object in the layer to be edited was checked out. However, I get this dialog with any other object checked out in the layer to be edited. Could you make a screen recording, showing how you are reproducing the issue, when editing different layer and still get the dialog?

It's really very simple and goes like this:

1) someone checks out a sheet layer

2) another person tries to check out another sheet layer - the error message pops up.

-> two different users cannot edit different sheet layers at the same time. It's always like this.

I have tested this once more and could not reproduce it. Are you sure that different Sheet Layers are checked out?(Editing Title Block Project Data checks out all Title Block Border objects as it is common for them. Same for TBBs using the same style.) Also, could you tell me in which Vectorworks version and build is this happening?

Yes, absolutely sure.

Checking out any sheet layer seems to check out all title blocks on all sheet layers.

We run into this constantly in different projects -> the behaviour seems to be consistent. Our version is VW designer 2018 sp3. Windows 10 64bit environment.

How do you check out the Sheet Layer?

If you are Creating/Deleting Title Block Border object, while checking out the Sheet Layer and "This Title Block Is Active" is turned on for all TBBs along with "Use Total number of Active TBBs", they will be checked out, as their Total Number of Sheets value is getting updated.

Well, this is interesting.

I made a helper spreasheet and set the "use total number..." value to false for all title blocks. Now a second user indeed is able to check out any sheet layer that is available.

However, when I try to duplicate any sheet layer and at least one sheet layer is checked out by another user, I get the attached message. All title blocks are set to not to use the total number feature.

BTW you are testing within one project sharing file, here we are using two actual working files (if it makes a difference).

I have to say that "use total number..." thing is mighty difficult to find, and then make a connection to the checking-out issue. I couldn't have found it without your advice.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, JMR said:

However, when I try to duplicate any sheet layer and at least one sheet layer is checked out by another user, I get the attached message. All title blocks are set to not to use the total number feature.

- I will look into this and let you know here, when there is progress.

54 minutes ago, JMR said:

BTW you are testing within one project sharing file, here we are using two actual working files (if it makes a difference).

- I am testing with two actual working files too. 🙂

On 6/13/2018 at 5:20 PM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:
On 6/13/2018 at 4:25 PM, JMR said:

- I will look into this and let you know here, when there is progress.

- In Vectorworks 2019 it should not check out the layers, if 'Use Total number of Active TBBs' is turned off.