Elements disappear when zooming in during wide perspective

RempDawg

Question

Hi Everyone. So I am in the process of modeling different rooms of a hotel. I'm using Spotlight 2017. The larger ballrooms don't seem to be a problem and I mention this as I'm not sure if my issue has something to do with size or not but I am trying to set a wide perspective for a render/camera angle for my smaller rooms. When I toggle from Orthognal view to wide (or even normal or narrow) perspective, my entire plan disappears into space. If I fit to objects, my plan is shown very small. I can zoom into 500% but any closer the lower plane starts to disappear. (along the x axis) An ideas on to how I can achieve a realistic perspective for rendering? I know this is possible as my large room does not have this issue. Any suggestions?

wide.JPG

4 answers to this question

On 6/8/2018 at 4:39 PM, RempDawg said:

An ideas on to how I can achieve a realistic perspective for rendering? I know this is possible as my large room does not have this issue. Any suggestions?

^ with regard to a workaround, I would create a Renderworks camera for the view you would like to render and turn it into a Sheet Layer Viewport (while the camera is selected choose View>Create Viewport). In general I would recommend creating renderings on sheet layers.

The original issue may be related to having cropped perspective enabled. Cropped perspective tries to fit things onto the current page. You could try toggling the setting for cropped perspective. The checkbox option can be found under File>Document Settings>Document Preferences on the Display tab.

Kevin

On 6/9/2018 at 1:03 AM, markdd said:

A similar occurrence is discussed here

On 6/11/2018 at 7:39 AM, Kevin McAllister said:

thanks Kevin. I did enable the cropped perspective and that seemed to work. BUT I still cant view in wide, normal or narrow perspective to get a realistic render. I know it can be done from the design layer as I have another file where it has worked properly. Any suggestions? 

On 6/11/2018 at 7:39 AM, Kevin McAllister said:

^ with regard to a workaround, I would create a Renderworks camera for the view you would like to render and turn it into a Sheet Layer Viewport (while the camera is selected choose View>Create Viewport). In general I would recommend creating renderings on sheet layers.

The original issue may be related to having cropped perspective enabled. Cropped perspective tries to fit things onto the current page. You could try toggling the setting for cropped perspective. The checkbox option can be found under File>Document Settings>Document Preferences on the Display tab.

Kevin