JPF711

Undo Feature

Question

I have been having issues with the Undo feature and was reading the threads about it. None of them spoke to the problem I am having. I cannot Undo deleted items. Often, when I do select Undo it hops me back several steps like others I have read about. If my last step was to delete something, the Undo makes the sound of not being able to Undo and will not do anything.

The computer I am working on in new and only has VW 2018 installed on it. 

I am very frustrated and need ideas. Anyone have thoughts? 

3 answers to this question

What operating system are you using? This is Vectorworks 2018 SP3?

If you go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Session, what is "Maximum Number of Undos" set to near the middle left? 

• Like 1

I am using High Sierra Version 10.13.4 on a Mac and I was on SP2. I updated to SP3, after reading your question,  and things seem to be running better. I also took the advice and changed the number of Undos for myself. 

Thank you!

21 hours ago, JPF711 said:

I cannot Undo deleted items. Often, when I do select Undo it hops me back several steps like others I have read about. If my last step was to delete something, the Undo makes the sound of not being able to Undo and will not do anything.

I have seen this issue myself, where sometimes when an object is deleted its not possible to step backwards to get it back. However, I can't confirm the steps or whether it still happens in SP3.

Kevin