Renderworks Mirror Texture - can I turn on classes in reflection?

So I'm drawing a small bathroom and to get a good perspective of 2 walls and floor I've removed the wall to the left.  BUT there is a mirror on one of the walls and it would, inreality reflect the wall opposite which I have removed - then you would see a heated towel rail on the removed wall and the texture of that wall.  It would be a great way to show the full design.  But of course because I had to remove that wall to be able to see into the room, these features are not there.  I was thinking that it would be brilliant if you could select in the mirror texture which classes should be turned on - so I could put wall and towel rail on classes which are turned off in the main view but not in the mirror.

Does anyone know if there is already a way to do this, or has anyone had a similar issue which they have overcome in another way?

Thanks in advance for all responses!

Rachel

Vectorworks Architect 2018 - Windows 10 PC - Intel Core i7 7820X s2066 - 3XS 8GB NVID QUADRO P4000

Interesting question Rachel - Ive had similar problems on small bathrooms and tight corridors etc.

3 hours ago, rmorris6 said:

because I had to remove that wall to be able to see into the room

Can't think of an answer for mirrors atm, but (you got me thinking) would suggest that an alternative (and maybe more long-term useful??) would be to be able to 'modify' (by assigning a class action  - say 'camera/view portal') to walls/items in the way, so that they don't have to be removed to get into tight spaces for the visuals - and would still provide required reflection for feature mirrors, bounce light as if there and generally still interact in the 'scene'

Class action 'camera/view portal' is something I just made up btw - don't go looking for it until v2019 (or later!!). Unless its available now and I'm going to be saying DOH!!

7 minutes ago, David S said:

what would happen if you use the clip cube

Hi David - That will work, but for the OP won't provide the interactivity (if I can describe it like that) of some sort of 'now you see me, now you don't' construction 'veil'.

Edited by Gadzooks

OK so I nipped out to Ikea and bought a cheap mirror and hung it on the wall of my client's Kitchen. I then added an internal spot light and got a VW camera into the room. Although it is a rubbish mirror it's definitely reflecting! Hope that helps Rachel ??

rachel mirror.JPG

Thank you Gadzooks and David for your helpful responses. Gadzooks, is the term 'class action' a thing? I'm still learning a few things and have been teaching myself so there could be some gaps in my Vectorworks knowledge.

David S, I can never seem to get the camera to take the perfect shot without backing out of the room and seeing the backs of walls, which is how I ended up putting the wall which was in the way on a different design layer, only to be turned on in other viewports. I like your new Ikea mirror though 😊 understand you have to have lights on to get a reflection? But still if there's nothing to reflect it won't look so mirror like....

Thanks again both

This is also not possible using a section viewport either (as far as I know). The only way that I can think of is by photoshopping the reverse angle in. If you make the renderworks background green and make sure that any environmental reflections are from another background then the mirror will reflect green. In photoshop you could then replace the green with the reverse angle.

I hasten to say I have never tried this but it’s worth a go!

A good wish list would be when using section viewports that the geometry “removed” by the section line could be added to reflections in the same way that shadows can be put back from geometry removed by the section line.

• Like 1