Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Update on move

Hi

I've created a marionette object that pulls data from a large worksheet (list of objects with specifications) into a new worksheet (one object with specifications). When the large worksheet is updated I 'move' the marionette object so it updates the new worksheet (updated specifications).

Basically everything works fine. But I'm wondering if it's possible to create some sort of update button so you don't have to move the object? Preferrably it is a new marionette object that updates all of the newly created worksheets...at this moment I have to move all of the objects manually and since marionette can make things easier...

Anyone?

Nico

Edited by nicovanderschaaf
  • Marionette Maven

Hi Nico,

If my memory serves me correctly, the command "Reset All Plug-Ins" will work with Marionette objects.

This command can be found in Tools > Utilities.

Downside is if you have many other plug-in objects in your document, it will take a long time because it resets them all.

It is possible to create a menu command that will only update Marionette Objects if you need. Please let me know if you want to go down that route.

Marissa

I'm completely unfamiliar with Python so Marionette would be better I guess although Marionette has a great impact on the file size of VW document? So from that point of view Python might be better?

In any case some help would be appreciated...😀!

Edited by nicovanderschaaf