Running Viewer & VW at same time

Is there a way to run the Viewer program and VWA at the same time. This would solve a problem that when we print large files with VW we cannot carry on drawing until it has finished spooling to the printer. If there is a way then we could print with the Viewer and carry on drawing at the same time.

We are using VW 10.5 and 10 Viewer but it will not let us fire up both programs at the same time.

Any ideas?

Hi, thanks for both of your replies...its not that we want to work on the same file in the viewer while drawing with it in VW....

Wee just want to be able to open the viewer and VW up at the same time so that we can print other files whist working on one.

If we try to open up the viewer whist VW is running it just goes back to the VW window??

Stuart,

Hold down the "m" key before and while launching the Viewer. That should allow both applications to open.

If you have a file open in the real VW application, you'll need to close it or save it as a copy to open in the Viewer.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

You can open two different versions of VW at the same time - VW 10 and Viewer 11, but you cannot, without holding down the "m" key open VW 11 and viewer 11 at the same time.

I have VW 11 and VW 11 Viewer open right now, without any key pressing. (Mac OS X)

In Windows, I CAN'T open VW 10 and Viewer v10 at the same time. In other words, my experience is the same as Stuart's. Maybe it's an OS difference and maybe Stuart's on Windows also?

Contrary to what Katie wrote, I can't even do it by holding down the "m" key while launching either program or both. Is this "m" trick applicable to version 11 only?