Anyone else having random publishing issues?

MartinFahrer

Question

Windows PC Publishing to Desktop and having odd folder problems opening the folder or anything in the folder created by publishing.  Here is the error I am getting and I can't figure it out.  Tech support is looking too.  If I get an answer I will post it here.

See Image.  Publishing PDF from VW 2018 to Desktop in Windows.

VW folder Error.JPG

2 answers to this question

Did you try a restart of the PC? Sometimes Windows Indexing or another process (e.g. antivirus) can throw things up a bit by e.g. locking the folder or making it otherwise temprorarily inaccessible and a restart may solve the issue.

Or do you get this error consistently with other drawings as well?

The full path is less than 256 Charachters so that shouldn't be the issue in theory. There are some things to keep in mind with filenames, this wikipedia article gives some clues: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename

You might want to check if there is a space at the end of the PDF subdirectory filename as the wrap in the dialog box is not showing whether there is one or not. If there is one (perhaps from the VWX filename) try to remove it and it might fix the issue. Though I'm not sure if such a space would still be a problem in Win 10 64 bit.

All fantastic ideas.

Yes I restarted the program, the computer. tried saving the file in different locations.  The file name is a common naming convention I have used on countless projects before.  I even renamed the PDF file to "Test" and came up with the same issue as to eliminate the name being the problem all of the sudden.

It is a real head scratcher.