markdd

Sheet Layer Viewport & Translate Tool

Question

Currently it is possible when a sheet layer viewport is showing a 3D view, to use the translate tool (and the other navigation tools) to change the view from within the Edit Crop dialogue. The Translate tool will "pan" the contents which means that repositioning viewport crops on a sheet layer is potentially a thing of the past. This is a new discovery for me so I got quite excited as it replicates the one AutoCAD feature that I actually miss. However, if you do this from a Top/Plan view using the Translate Tool, the model reverts to Top (which I guess is fine) but when you return it to TOP/PLAN the old un-modified view returns.

So the wish list item is: could Top/Plan functionality be added to this feature so that we can keep crops stationary on the Sheet Layer and move the contents within.

NB. I discovered this earlier today via this thread....

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/17432-how-do-you-pan-and-zoom-in-a-viewport/

Edited by markdd
  • Like 3

2 answers to this question

Great request!!

Or maybe even without going in to edit crop mode just holding Option (alt) and Spacebar and dragging the Selection cursor?

Yes, if moving the area within the crop can be done with the translation tool it should work properly in all views incl. top plan view. I would need to check because as far as I could tell it did work ok in top/plan for me as the drawing was entirely 2D, though I didn't look if it switched to top view or not after leaving the edit crop.