Missing Section-Elevation Markers

emilie

Question

Hi, 

I don't seem to have any section-elevation marker styles available in the OIP palette. I've found what I think is the source file under Applications > Vectorworks 2018 > Libraries > Defaults > Section-Markers > Section Markers.vwx. Is there any way to relink this?

557188609_ScreenShot2018-06-04at11_12_34AM.thumb.png.8634a2951f71406c7d688c6c5c1ca448.png

Thanks, 

Emily

4 answers to this question

Hi, 

I've checked around and this issue is happening to all 30 VW users in my office. It hasn't become a problem yet because most are still working on projects in VW 2016. Our local rep isn't answering... 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

It’s been awhile since I suffered something similar (currently using 2016), but at the time I believed that it was caused by a corrupted User account. The only thing that fixed it for me was to delete my User account and all Preferences. (It is strange that you’re having it happen on all 30 Vw Users in your office, so I would find it hard to believe all 30 User accounts went bad at the same time).

An easy way to test if it is a corrupted User account causing the problem is to log into your computer using a second User account (not your usual account). Then open Vw and see if the problem is still happening.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

Thanks for answering. I did try deleting the user preferences and no luck. I eventually just did a fresh install and the section markers are back (for how long... who knows?). I'm not looking forward to repeating this process on the other computers. Ugh. 

Thanks!