Andrew Davies

Revision Date - can't add to Worksheet

Question

Hi 

Inspired by another one of @Jonathan Pickup excellent webinars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFLNVWW0pyE  - I have been tidying my title blocks.

I have got it working nicely but there is one thing I just can't do.

I have created a worksheet to build a drawing schedule with the sheet number, title, revision number and revision date (I wanted to make my own - didn't like the built in ones.

That is all fine- but I can't get the Current Revision date to show.  The formula I use is :

='Title Block Border'.'Current Revision Date' - but it comes up with an Error.

='Title Block Border'.'Current Revision Number' works just as expected.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew 

Edited by Andrew Davies

16 answers to this question

Sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any ideas?

To summarise, I just want to create a report which lists sheet number, sheet title, latest revision and latest revision date.

Thanks,

Andrew

try creating a report with every record connected that you can find related to the title block. see if one of them is the one you want. 

10 hours ago, Jonathan Pickup said:

try creating a report with every record connected that you can find related to the title block. see if one of them is the one you want. 

Thanks Jonathan - Tried that and nothing came up.

1 hour ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello Andrew,

Try with "=SUBSTRING('Title Block Revision Data'.'Date'; ''; 1)".

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks Nikolay

I tried this, but got the following result.

1265613430_ScreenShot2018-06-11at09_06_54.thumb.png.af504605c899097e95cc5ae9dfd25a43.png

If it helps, when I tried just ='Title Block Revision Data'.'Date' (ie - without the Substring) I got :

572804355_ScreenShot2018-06-11at09_06_59.thumb.png.8a2684871373642fde031314d0f7a282.png

I've obviously entered the Revision date (which I enter manually) in a couple of different formats.  Would it help if I re-formatted the Revision date as a date format?  It looks like there is no delimiter between each date, which is I guess what causes the Substring to fail?

Thanks again

Andrew

The revision formatting should not be a problem. Try using ',' as separators for the formula instead of ';', as "=SUBSTRING('Title Block Revision Data'.'Date', '', 1)"

Thanks!

Closer - but it's not registering the delimeter - so I get all revision dates in a long row.

Should I add a delimiter manually to the date as a work around?

1262560154_ScreenShot2018-06-11at09_32_12.thumb.png.79476c7a5feb50cb7815b8af7ac1eb2f.png

Andrew,

The information you are getting will be every revision date of every drawing. You should be able to trim the revision data to just give you the first eight characters, using the substring command. 

Thanks Jonathan

I've done a work around for now by manually adding a comma at the end of each date - then using the Substring function that Nikolay suggested.

Thanks so much!

Andrew

That's perfect!  Worked straightaway

Thanks so much for your help - hope there will be a native formula added in a future update?

Thanks again,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

As of now there is no such native formula planned, but we will see what could be done about this.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hello @Andrew Davies,

You could try this again in VW 2020 with the new Revision Data worksheet workflow. Now you could simply use

='Title Block Revision Data-1'.'Date'

in a database row to get the latest revision date.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov