grant_PD

Sheet layer and viewport improvements

Question

1. The new titleblock border thing have all of it's instance controllable features available on the OIP, not via dialog box.  Changes should be updated in real time, and visible to the sheet layer you are working on.  

2. Drawing labels be truly part of the viewport OIP. Let's have a slider that allows one to control their position from far left of the viewport crop to far right.  Or better yet, let the user move it around much like the drawing stamp (via a control point).  The point is to not have to enter into the annotations of the viewport in order to move these around.

3. The ability to drag and drop images into VW.  This would be a global wish not just a sheet layer wish, but I do a lot of that here.  

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, grant_PD said:

Or better yet, let the user move it around much like the drawing stamp (via a control point).  The point is to not have to enter into the annotations of the viewport in order to move these around.

It needs to be this. Drawing labels also need an awareness of their origin point when the drawing title text is updated. If my drawing label is centred and the drawing title is changed, it should stay centred. I shouldn't have to realign the drawing label manually each time I updated a drawing title to keep it centred.

Kevin

On 5/30/2018 at 4:11 PM, grant_PD said:

3. The ability to drag and drop images into VW.  This would be a global wish not just a sheet layer wish, but I do a lot of that here.  

Unless I'm missing something in your question, I can do this already - I can drag images from either Finder or another app, like Chrome, straight into a Design or Sheet Layer. Or is this just a Mac thing?

maybe it is, unless I'm doing it wrong.  I can't drag anything into VW.