Font topic again............

tgm

I am still at a loss as how to correct my font changing problem with VW11.0.1. When I go and try to edit text the font changes on the items I edit so when I am done I have a text item comprised of two fonts. I then have to go and reselect and change the font. I opened up a drawing this morning and it has one font used on both layers, Graphite, and when I go and add text the font is different. I also went to use the Text Tool and text went 1" and then wrapped around. I ended up with a text group 1" wide and 4" long. When I got done and pushed Enter the text layed out straight.

Someone at VW needs to look at these Text issues.

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Hi Tom, That is a strange problem indeed. You may have posted this elswhere, but it is very helpful to have your OS type and version, as well as your hardware configuration. This info sometimes holds clues. (If you want, you can create a 'signature' for yourself by going into the 'my profile' link. Your signature can include all of that info in addition to whatever else you want)

I'm not sure about PC's, but with Mac OS it is essential that you use a True Type Font (TT). Any other type of font could, and often does, cause problems. I would check that out. Another possibility is that you are using fonts from an earlier OS, or maybe from a VW's document created in an earlier version, that had older fonts in it.

There could be other causes, like a bad install, or messed up permissions or preferences, but without more info it is hard to say.

Hope This Helps (or that someone else has ideas!)

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the note. I am running a PC with WinXP. I tried last nite to create a 'clean' document, one with no imported items, no copy and paste etc. and I played with the text tool again. If I use other tools, callout for example, everything is OK and editting runs smooth. If I use a dimension and chage the text that is also OK. Only when I use the Text tool by itself does the problem occur. I can actually create a text line with two different fonts in the same word(s), one of which is the default document font and the other reverts to Helvetica. I then have to re-select and manually change the font back.

I am going back to VW11.0 today to see if I can isolate the problem to 11.0.1.

You know the old adage....'the cause of every problem is a change'.

Thanks, I keep the board posted,

Tom in PA