Renderworks Viz Lights Renaming Themselves

Anthony Neary

Question

So here's what I want to be able to do:

Build a drawing, drop in some 3d venue geometry and scenery etc, add some visualisation lights, and then fly around in OpenGL and tweak the visualisation lights until I'm somewhat happy, then bounce in and out of fast render to double check everything before final render.

Here's what happens:

If I go in to OpenGL view and select a group of visualisation light objects in the pallete I can turn them off and on until the cows come home, but I get one time I can right click from the pallete and go to edit the light objects.  After that one time that functionality stops working.  What then also happens is after a while being able to turn lights on and off stops working and the whole light objects functionality stops completely until I restart the program.  The Vis pallete says I am turning lights on and off but in OpenGL and renders nothing changes.  Needless to say this is getting very annoying having to restart every five minutes tweaking a file for rendering.

Edit:  And I also forgot to mention, if I rename Visualisation light objects to more easily find them in the pallete, they will rename themselves back to the Light-# standard after performing an edit on them.

Is anyone else running in to a brick wall with working with visualisation lights or is it just me?

Alienware 15 R2

i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz

16 GB Ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 970M

Edited by Aristobulous

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet