Curtain Wall Areas, panel areas

Cross posting from Troubleshooting:

"Greetings all,

Does anyone know how to get glazing areas from a curtain wall object?

And a harder question, how would we query only the glazing (minus the spandrel area)?

Possible/Not Possible?"

5 hours ago, twk said:

Greetings all,

Does anyone know how to get glazing areas from a curtain wall object?

And a harder question, how would we query only the glazing (minus the spandrel area)?

Possible/Not Possible?

image.thumb.png.b43ee51029044753b61d2c57c5fcc73a.png

In my 10 minutes of play time this morning I was not able to make it work, but you should be able to set the class of the Spandrels separate from the Glazing and get the area for each and then do the subtraction.

I think there may be something wrong with my VW today. I could not even see the Wall Record in a worksheet to try and get the Glazing area.

Do you already have a file showing the Glazing area? If so, try adding another column with a formula of =C to give you the class. If you then SUMMARIZE based on the class you should get close to what you need.

Strange I'm not sure how to see this Wall Record you are mentioning.

I did pull up a list of hidden records and see a NNA_TIfcCurtainWall record. Will dig deeper.

I don't have a file showing glazing area, and running a criteria with all, and checking object types of every retrieved object, returns nothing.

Will keep investigating.

Cheers,

Tui

Looks like the NNA_TIfcCurtainWall record just carrys id info, nothing to do with Glazing.

I did find what I was looking for using the worksheet functions:

CurtWallPnlAreaGross(criteria, class)

CurtWallPnlAreaNet(criteria, class)

I had no idea these existed!?

Can these be retrieved in a script?

Yes, was my findings as well. Really need script functionality for this.

Have resorted to Scripting a cell creation in a temp worksheet, just to get his info out, was necessary on this 6 storey apartment, with 3 towers 😪.

10 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

@twk you're running two threads on this

@Pat Stanford - Maybe combine?

Ive posted to the other thread, but just to add to this for completion

Yes, please combine, thanks for the feedback @Gadzooks. This is the root i have taken as well. Although I need the functionality in a larger script I'm putting together. Have had to create a dummy worksheet and pre-load(script) the formula into a cell and grab the resulting value and carry on with the overall code run.

Had there been API for Curtain wall panel/Frame area retrieval that would solve my problem. For now, this will do.

Cheers,

Tui

Edited by twk