nicovanderschaaf

Get Cell Value (Marionette)

There aren't any specific tutorials, all I can recommend is to take apart the script you have already and try to figure out how they work. There are some layer nodes that you can use too. You can find out the layer of the space and filter it with Marionette. I have attached a sample network to the other one I sent you that does this. The network is not finished as I don't know exactly how you want the filtering to work, but I tried to show you how to implement it.

VW Rooms only_NvdS_Marionette2.vwx

hello sbarrett

thx for this. I will need to dedicate more time for understanding the topic. 

in your last file (..._Marionette2) I can see the marionette as network of nodes.

in the former version it is "wrapped".

Could you tell me the difference between them?

Michael

Wrapping is just a way to package a script. You can wrap a script by right-clicking on a node and selecting the appropriate command. When you wrap a script, the Input nodes that have been given names will appear in the OIP when the wrapper is selected. Once a network is wrapped, you can then convert that wrapper to a menu command or Marionette object.