Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Get Cell Value (Marionette)

Thanx for replying...

In the meanwhile I just figured it out too 😊. The input String cannot directly be connected to the worksheet. A 'select worksheet' node needed to be placed in between...I guess that's because the worksheet is 'outside of the wrapper'?

The GetString node isn't needed too...you're right about that...

N.

Schermafbeelding 2018-05-24 om 15.05.07.png

• 4 months later...

hello nicovanderschaaf, hello sbarrett,

I am a swiss architect with interest in marionette.

I am very happy that I've found this thread. 

because I have a similar problem to solve like you.

From a worksheet, which summarizes Spaces with identical Room ID

I'd like to obtain the content from column B (apartment area>see screenshot attached) and put it into a Room Database such as 11_Room User-Def (see attachment).  

I should be very thankful for your help.

Mi&D

VW Wohnungs-Stempel.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-01 um 16.42.14.JPG

hi N.,

thanks for reply.

I try to explain it better: 

In the settings of Rooms (Spaces) I can select "additional Infos" (Zusatzinformationen).

My goal is to bring the whole apartment area into the following field for additional Infos "11_User-Def Info 2". 

I need to make a room stamp which shows:

• Room Name
  • Room Area
  • Apartment Area

I couldn't manage with worksheets, to get the apartment area into the roomstamp. I hope marionette can solve this problem.

Mi&D

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-02 um 11.40.08.JPG

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-02 um 11.41.14.JPG

Edited by Mi&D

not sure if this is what you need but I created a room stamp (just the functionality...no layout) with room name, room area and apartment area...I also added the apartment nr. which is needed in the worksheet (named rooms) for 'summarizing' all the rooms of a certain apartment. In the worksheet you can just type in a value for the apartment area and it will be inserted in all the room stamps...

Rooms only_NvdS.vwx

hello nicowanderschaaf,

i had a look at your file.

It is not this, what I needed.

I need a tool, that does automatically summarize all Spaces with the same Room ID.

You just wrote the area by hand in the table. I have hundreds of apartments to provide with that information.

I don't want to insert all the data by hand. 

I send you back the file with my worksheet which does calculate the apartment area.

The Formula for it is:

=FLÄCHE(((R IN ['Space']) & ('Space'.'11_Room ID'='2201')))

You've posted above a marionette, which does "get cell values".

I would like to get this marionette in my file running.

It should get the values from column B (Apartment area) and write it into a Worksheet or into a Room Stamp.

Do you think, that this is possible?

Unfortunately, I don't have enough Skills in Marionette to program this.

I hope you can help me with it.

thx ,

Mi&D

VW Rooms only_NvdS.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Mi&D

I have made a script that I think does what you are asking. It takes the total area from the worksheet and writes it to the Additional Info 2 field of the correct space. It works on all the spaces in the document. I have wrapped the network and given it the name "Apply Apartment Area to Spaces." It works, but the space tags do not update automatically - they have to be "bumped." What worked for me was to select all of the spaces, and choose the correct space label from the dropdown list (even if it is already selected). This will update the tag to show the correct info.

VW Rooms only_NvdS_Marionette.vwx

hello sbarrett,

we have a big issue with marionette:

there is a problem with rotated plans ("Planrotation" in Swiss VW) and if the user-defined Zero-Point (Benutzernullpunkt) is not identical with the Vectorworks-Zero Point,

and if the plan is rotated: every time the Marionette Stamp is regenerated (or if we replace the symbol) it will be placed far out from its original position. in my case more than 30000 miles away. We think that the conflict is due to Zero-Point, Rotation angle and Center of the object.

Do you think you have an idea, of how we can solve this problem in marionette?

cheers,

Mi&D

Hey! Thx for reply.

We have reset the user origin, so that it is equal to Vectorworks origin.

What sounds important to me is your expression "while running a marionette script".

That means, we can still keep on working in rotated plan, but at the moment we run the script,

we must take care, that the plan angle is 0° - correct?

here is the problem with marionette stamp again:

I go from a layout into the construction layer. - NB: there is no plan rotation. -

I copy the marionette from one construction layer to another. marionette stamp doesn't appear.

as I do "zoom all", the rulers on the edges of the drawing area go far out from the origin...

in the info palette "marionette object" is still active. I do "select all" another time, but only the objects close to the origin are activated,

the marionette stamp is not taken in consideration. but it is still there...like a ghost ...

@sbarrettHello, I started looking into the file you've posted. I've put some comments on your text message. Could you please give me some hints regarding this. 

have made a script that I think does what you are asking. It takes the total area from the worksheet and writes it to the Additional Info 2 field of the correct space. It works on all the spaces in the document. I have wrapped the network and given it the name "Apply Apartment Area to Spaces." It works, but the space tags  (>what is a tag?) do not update automatically - they have to be "bumped." (>what is a bumping?) What worked for me was to select all of the spaces, and choose the correct space label from the dropdown (>which dropdown list do you mean, where can i find it?) list (even if it is already selected). This will update the tag to show the correct info.

VW Rooms only_NvdS_Marionette.vwx

hello sbarrett

thx for the clip.

i understand the method now.

may I ask you another question?

as I understand, this marionette does get the values from each and every room with the same RoomID...

but, what if we want to get only the Rooms from a specific layer? is that possible?

In my case I have some split-level apartments. their area is divided amongst different layers. but, all spaces do have the same RoomID.

how can we tell the marionette stamp on level 1 to show only the area of the relating spaces?   

moreover, with the help of D. Corpataux we developed a script, that does update the apartment area tag automatically for all rooms.

I'll attached it here.   

VW Apartment Area v2.vwx

hey,

ok, if I get it right, marionette does get values from worksheets.

I think, I am able to solve this with a worksheet, myself.

but, i have no idea, how to make this work in marionette.

is there anywhere a tutorial around, from which I could learn how 

to get values from worksheets and bring them into a stamp symbol?

our support in Switzerland does not help customers with marionette issues.