Fonts changing when editting???

tgm

I just tried to edit a dimension on a drawing and when I ungrouped to edit the font changed also. I am using one font on the complete drawing and all other items are OK. I went back and re-selected the dimension and then selected the font for the drawing and it changed OK. This has happened on two drawing so far this morning and I never have seen this before.

When you select a text item isn't the font, size and style supposed to be checked in the pull down menu so you know what you have?? My VW11.0.1 never has anything checked when selected and not all items show in the OIB, such as dimension text and size.

Any thoughts as to why??

Tom in PA

this happens to me with most of the drawing marker objects.

tgm, did you know you can edit dimensions without ungrouping them? you can change the font by simply selecting the string (or strings), and going to the font list under the text menu. you can also edit them in the object info palette where you can change the fractions, numbers and even add text to a string. hope this helps...

Yes I do edit dimensions without ungrouping but I am usually ungrouping for another reason. Object info palette does not allow font changing or resizing. I have used it for suffix and prefix notations.

This only has happened recently. Prior to this problem the font that was in use stayed as such. It should stay that font unless you change it, very simple.

Font being used is City Blueprint, but I have it happen to others also lately. Does not seem to be font related.

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Jim,

It works for me too. Example on exploding... I am dimensioning some architecturals in red so the changed dimensions stand out. If I am dimensioning to, let's say a centerline, I want the C/L to remain visible and not hidden behind a red extension line so I ungroup the dimension and delete that particular extension line. Just makes some drawings cleaner and less confusing.

Very simple technique that I have been using for years.

Katie,

Fonts are virgin fonts not carryovers. I am running WinXP. My G4 had to go when I networked our system with our CNC equipment. Macs just don't cut it in that world yet. Not my choice but a business decision.

Thanks,

Tom in PA