Elevation Benchmarks when 0'-0" = 100'-0"

Hey guys,

I feel like I am still learning how to set elevation benchmarks!   In an elevation viewport, I usually call out the F.F. first and set it at 0'-0". All other benchmarks are placed above and I use "Y-value relative to reference elevation." This usually works perfectly because my F.F. is on the bottom layer with a layer elevation of 0'-0".

However, on some projects, we like to set the F.F. to 100'-0" if there are elevations below the F.F. (so you have elevations at 99'-6" instead of -0'-6"). How do I then use the elevation benchmarks to automate the numbers, so I don't have to go in and adjust all of the benchmarks to "Custom"?

Do I have to go in and change the lowest layer to an elevation of 100'-0"? 

Thanks,

J

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.26.14 PM.png

Use the reference input fields in the OIP for your first benchmark, and get it to read properly.  Take care to set the option to y or z value as appropriate.  Then just copy your original benchmark, move it where you want it (using the "Move" tool is most efficient), and it will automatically read out the elevation per its location.

Thanks for the response.

Ok.  I got it to work -- the trick is to set the reference elevation to -100'-0" (negative!) instead of 100'-0" (positive!).

Take care to set the option to y or z value as appropriate.

Thanks for this ^^  I was setting the FF to be "Custom"!