Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
David O

Converting Strings to Numbers

Hello Marionette lovers !

Is there anyway using existing nodes to convert strings (like the ones coming from the GetIFC Pset Value ... and many others from IPFC parameters...) into a number or Integer ?

Maybe the node Function could do this trick  ? (but was not capable to implement this properly ...) ?

Thanks for your valued inputs !

If the string is composed of entirely numbers, you can run it through the "float" node. It's a little trickier if you have units in the string, though, and those would require special handling.

Ok... got it. Tks Marissa !

Yes... i think that in case we do have units involved we better trying creating a custom node and do things in Python instead ... right ?

I would take the Function Node and use the formula x[:-2] (to remove the last to items of the string, or x[:-1] to remove the last one etc.). There will be other possibilities with other nodes but I first had to search the right ones.