SCREEN PLANE OVERRIDE SCRIPT?

Hi there,

I've seen a few topics around screen plane, layer plane and 2d drawings however I wanted to ask a different question.

Is there a script anyone knows of that allows every line/polyline etc in the drawing to be selected and changed to screen plane? I know in the settings this can be set to screen plane only - the problem arises when something is pasted from a previous drawing this setting becomes overridden. 

If anyone knows how to quickly change this without having to go through each item and change to screen plane please let me know!

Thanks.

Vector Depot has a plugin that allows you to change All Objects to screen plane or layer plane.  It still works in VW 2018.  I use it to change all objects to layer plane, and have never found a desire or need for screen plane objects. 

Unfortunately, it changes all the objects in a file. 

http://www.vectordepot.com/plug-ins/

• Like 1

If you want to quickly generate a script to change all applicable objects to Screen plane, then these are your steps:

1714233568_ScreenShot2018-05-22at18_28_23.thumb.png.98d5f5d3a6af6b1c7704e25181ad2453.png908208352_ScreenShot2018-05-22at18_30_06.thumb.png.f019b71ec921ab3a3dc406864775af2b.png1202884543_ScreenShot2018-05-22at18_27_30.thumb.png.060072b2a1c57417233d189960c870e8.png

Once you have your selection, then in the Object Information Palette, select Screen Plane.

That works best for me.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1

cberg thanks for this, it worked perfectly.

I'm wondering how to create a vworks wish/request - on a protocol that detects differences when importing from one file to another - goes something like this:

• main file document preferences set up to 'screen plane only' - (or whichever)
  • import the selected items from other file into main file
  • vwx detects that 'objects to being imported into current file have plane different to document preferences'
  • question then is asked - 'would you like to change their plane to match current preferences?' - select yes or no, imported object planes are amended
  • BOOM! - No more imported objects in different planes

Don't see how this is any different from when you import textures or symbols that are the same - it always comes up with a warning symbol like the above.

Thanks again guys