Stair down label

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
22 hours ago, zoomer said:

Maybe the Select/Drag Tool Mode is currently set to most left "move only" mode

so that the handles wont appear ?

It sounds accurate

Use the center or right interactive mode in the tool bar, that should activate the blue handles 

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 3.51.17 PM.png

I think that the upper floor doesn't allow me to alter the label location, but I can change the location of the upper location on the lower floor (first image). There is that blue dot but not on the upper floor (second image). So I guess that's a solution in air quotes, but it seems odd to have to move a label on the lower floor but not be able to edit on the upper floor. There are also two ways to add a down or up arrow with the stair data tab which seems somewhat confusing. The run is adjustable but the note one is not as far as I can tell.

1517337024_lowerfloorupperlabeldot.thumb.png.fad4aa9625fd6cc6abfead43f6d7dca5.png

606985669_upperfloornodot.thumb.png.087c19f9637aacbb611ca27078309148.png627731726_stairdata.thumb.png.b3a04d9a6ac78dde1e783706e57580f4.png

Edited by assemblyarchitecture
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You are right controlling the Upper Floor notes on the Lower Floor layer is odd, I just got used to it (not good), I will write an enhancement request 

There should be handles for each of the Runs and Notes, in your case I would think that they are stacked on top of each other 

BTW The Stair object does not play well with mirroring nor flip, use the radio buttons on the general panel of the Stair settings

HTH

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 4.04.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 4.12.24 PM.png