Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Event Driven Behavior

Hello Marionette lovers !

Is there a way to use Marionette to apply a "smart behavior" to an existing object ?

For example: Let's say we have a wall (already in the drawing...) and would like it to become red if it's length is higher then 5m...

I know that we may create a Marionette Command that can do this by selecting the wall and running the command 

But what i'm trying here is to have the object automatically incorporate this characteristic ... so that, whenever the wall is re-scaled it drives the length checking script ... 

Something like an event driven Marionette node net .. (?)

Thanks for any ideas !

Edited by David - CADTEC
typo

Three possibilities to get something similar, but no there is no way that I know of to attach a script to an existing object that will automatically run when the object is changed. 

1. Write a script of Marionette and run it periodically to show objects that meet whatever criteria.

2. Create a worksheet that will list objects that exceed your 5 meter length criteria. You will have to manually recalculate to see the objects. You can then right click on the database row header and Select the objects from there.

3. Take a look at Viewport Data Visualization and see if you can use Records.Fields to identify what you want and do the coloring there.

3 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Three possibilities to get something similar, but no there is no way that I know of to attach a script to an existing object that will automatically run when the object is changed. 

1. Write a script of Marionette and run it periodically to show objects that meet whatever criteria.

2. Create a worksheet that will list objects that exceed your 5 meter length criteria. You will have to manually recalculate to see the objects. You can then right click on the database row header and Select the objects from there.

3. Take a look at Viewport Data Visualization and see if you can use Records.Fields to identify what you want and do the coloring there.

Thanks for the suggestions Pat

Yes, i already approached the issue using those options ...

I wondered if it might be another approach maybe... after seeing the approach @DomC

adopted using NextObject in a Wrap ... but in that case the object is hidden inside the wrap...