Viewports

AndyM

So I just got my shiny new Venctorworks 11 upgrade today and I'm trying to get my head around these viewports. I was never an AutoCad user so I have never used them before. I have a drawing with 2 layers one is a title block at 1:1 and the other is the drawing at 1/4". What I want to do is use viewports to have a page at 11"x17" with the titleblock and drawing at the correct place and scale and show a small section of the drawing at a larger scale on the same sheet. I would also like to do the same for 24"x36". Currently my title block is tiny even though it is at 1:1 scale. Can someone please shed some light on how to go about this?

Many thanks!

Try to reduce the number of layers that you use. If you want a floor pland @ 1:100 and an enlarged area of part of that plan at 1:50, then you only need one design layer.

On the sheet layer you can make two viewports, one at 1:100, one at 1:50. the two viewports can show the same design layer at different scales.

My recommendation is to use the title block as a 1:1 scale on the sheet layer.