Ambient lighting default brightness to 61%

Default meaning it starts at that percentage each time you start a new file?  I believe you can just set it to 61% then re-save your template and should then be the new 'default'.

I don't think there's a way to make it the default across existing files outside of changing it manually in each one.

• Like 1

I'm working with previously created files with many design layers, sheet layers, and viewports. Changing the ambient background lighting on one design layer seems to work for other design layers, but not for sheet layers, they are all set to the default 35%. I want my entire file to default to 61% ambient background lighting without having to start from scratch. What I really need is a preference that sets the default with an option to set it file-wide or for new layers only, or even more variable like only sheet layers or design layers.

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

Ah yes, the ambient lighting under View < Set Lighting Options will change it for OpenGL in all your Design Layers. But it won't change the lighting option on any Sheet Layers, because as a general rule when you a create a viewport it now has its own independent lighting settings. So if you change the Design Layer lighting options, it'll never push this change to existing OpenGL viewports.

One thing that might save a bit of time is to change one viewport, then use the Eyedropper tool to pick up the Viewport Render Properties from that viewport and drop it onto all your other viewports.

Alternatively, if you use Renderworks Styles (Not Custom Renderworks), changing the ambient lighting for any one viewport changes the Renderworks Style resource and therefore pushes that change to all viewports using that Renderworks Style.

• Like 1