Texture Beds (2d Fill)

cberg

I've been able to take a SKP terrain and convert it to a VW site model, which is cool. (Thanks to the folks for developing the Marionette module to assist with this!). I also applied textures for roads and sidewalks.  This also went smoothly.  To do this, I set up classes for each texture, set the objects to make all attributes by class.    See attached screenshots.

However, I had a couple of questions. 

1. Is it possible to apply a solid color instead of texture?  Or do I have to make a "texture" that simulates something solid  Like a simple plastic texture?
  2. Is it possible for the textures to represent the texture beds as solid colored fills in plan? I can see the topo and site model fill color, and the outlines of the texture beds, but the 2d attributes don't seem to be able to be controlled.  

I am using VW Architect, so I may not have all the functionality of the Landscape Module.

Cheers,

C.

561389401_ScreenShot2018-05-17at12_33_15PM.thumb.png.6a3e6bb974cf7613959cb3810c4bea97.png552285695_ScreenShot2018-05-17at12_32_59PM.thumb.png.bfaba980de55e074876d0b93309faf99.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

To get the 2D look quickly, you could convert a copy to lines, either of the object itself or do that to a viewport of it, then you should easily be able to color things in, or use the Boundary mode of the polygon tool to fill in the empty space and color it the way you like.