View Bar Settings

anshu

Question

A bit of a strange one. In my view bar, I always like to keep layer scale as an visible option. But everytime that I quit vectorworks I lose that change. The same goes for the setting where, ESC ESC exits group. It seems to me these options are not stored in the workspace. So where are they stored? And how do I force them everytime. Not sure why but this is only a problem on my desktop, and not on my laptop. Running 2018 SP3

Thanks

Anshu

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

First, close Vectorworks.

Navigate to: HD > Users > (User's Home Folder) > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > 20XX folder. 

(On macOS 10.13 the Library folder for your User account is hidden. The easiest way to display it is to open Finder, then hold down the alt/option key on your keyboard while clicking "Go" from the menu bar, then selecting "Library" )

Right click on the version folder, then choose Get Info and then click the padlock near the bottom of the dialog that appears and enter your system password, then change all the listed users there including "everyone" to Read and Write. 

Click the little gear icon, then choose "Apply to Enclosed" and let it finish. Reboot the machine, the relaunch Vectorworks, make your custom settings and then close/reopen and see if they stuck. If they don't, get in touch with tech@vectorworks.net and have them take a closer look.

• Like 1