Object info box

I have upgraded to 11.0.1 and still have some problems with the object info box. Sometimes, when I highlight an object, the object info box would say what that object is (line, polygon, viewport, etc.) but the rest of the box is empty, so I can't make any adjustments and get any info on that object, or any other object I select. This goes away temporarily when I restart the program, but comes back. Any ideas? I have only found this happens in 11.

i have not experienced that problem, but have something similar. whenever i select an object, the readout in the object info palette takes a second or 2 to change to the selected object. for example, if i have a rectangle selected and then go touch on a circle, the info pallette will still readout for the rectangle, and then slowly update itslef to the circle. it is not significant but it is a small irritant... It have been this way since the initial release of VW 11.

Yes, this would be my biggest complaint, (other than the need for live sectioning). It is especially annoying now because the OIP for Doors and Windows has collapsing sections. So not only do I have to wait to tab through boxes, but I have to wait for the window to expand or collapse.

The collapse feature is great if it is coupled with instantaneous response. Computer speed/power seems to make little difference. I do not see any appreciable difference between a G5 1.8ghz Dual and a G4 466mhz machine.

Fixing this would make me very happy.